(Jwplayer)

October 25, 2015

#ATTACK: Mother fears for her daughter’s (3) life after three black men apparently tried to snatch her child at a store in Centurion

Abbigail Combrinck who was almost snatched from her mother's arms, with, her mother Desire and father David.

Photo: Desire Combrinck
Abbigail Combrinck who was almost snatched from her mother's arms, with, her mother Desire and father David. Photo: Desire Combrinck

Three-year-old Abbigail Combrinck was almost snatched from her grandmother and mother at a shop in Raslouw, Centurion Saturday afternoon.

The toddler’s mother, Desire, said she was shopping with her husband, mother and daughter when she noticed her mother a few steps behind clinging onto Abbigail.

“We went to Checkers to buy meat, salad and a few things before the rugby match. My mother and daughter were a few steps behind my husband and I.  When I looked back I saw my mother holding Abbigail very tightly,” Desire explained.

“I asked her what had happened. She said there was a man inside the shop who was following us and his friend was at the entrance and another one at their car outside.”

Desire said the man apparently tried to force himself between her mother and Abbigail, but when her mother realised what was happening she held on tight to her granddaughter.

Desire said the man at the entrance walked back to the car but the other one followed them and tried to snatch Abbigail again.

“After my mother told me this I didn’t take any chances and took my daughter and held on tightly to her. When we walked out of the shop the guy tried for a second time to grab my daughter. He almost had his hands on her when I turned and looked him directly in the eyes,” she said.

“I looked at the man and called my husband, David, and he came running to us. He had a few words with the guy but the man pretended that nothing had happened.”

She said the man then walked off, got into a dark blue car and drove off.

“This was very scary because you read and hear about it happening to other people. Everything just happened so fast. Had it not been for my mom, I would not have known what was happening.”

Desire said no one tried to assist them. Not even security staff at the shop even though they could see what was happening. http://rekordcenturion.co.za/63412/three-year-old-almost-snatched-from-mothers-arms/

#StopWhiteGenocideInSA