(Jwplayer)

November 18, 2015

#ATTACK: Afrikaner woman fights off three black attackers with a gorilla-bar

Woman hits black hijackers with gorilla-bar at the notorious intersection in Pretoria West, to scare them off
Alta de Wet used this gorilla-bar to fight off three men who tried to rob her on the corner of E'skia Mphahlele Road and Vom Hagen Street in Pretoria West.
Alta de Wet used this gorilla-bar to fight off three men who attacked her on the corner of E'skia Mphahlele Road and Vom Hagen Street in Pretoria West


Three men who tried to rob a woman and her daughter in Pretoria West two weeks ago, were instead left with the scars that will remind them of that fateful day.

Alta de Wet said she was on her way home after celebrating her 43rd birthday on 5 November when she suddenly hear screams from a man demanding her cellphone and purse.

“We had stopped at the robot at that intersection [corner of Vom Hagen Street and E’skia Mphahlele Road] when someone tried to open the door of the car from the passenger side,” she said.

Then there were two more, boxing the car in and demanding her purse and cellphone.

“I told them I did not have a cellphone as I threw it under my seat,” said De Wet. “From that moment on, I knew there was going to be trouble.”

I tried to reach for my pepper spray under the seat and when I could not find it, I felt the Gorilla-bar [steering lock] nearby. I grabbed it and started hitting the men.”

She said she caught one in the face.

Then there was a bit of luck when one of the men reached for the key and pulled it out of the ignition but it fell inside the car.

“This was the second time something like this had happened [to me]. I thought to myself enough is enough, and took action,” De Wet said.

She also said hearing her 11-year-old daughter screaming in fear had strengthened her resolve.

“I do not know what I was thinking at the time. The men trying to hijack us just awoke something inside of me,” explained De Wet.

She said though she was happy to have survived and protected her daughter, going through that intersection was traumatic for her.

“It is unfortunate that I have to drive through that intersection every day,” she said. http://rekordmoot.co.za/57071/woman-scares-off-robbers-with-gorilla-bar/

#StopWhiteGenocideInSA