(Jwplayer)

January 8, 2016

CT man detained for filming 'police brutality'

#StopWhiteGenocideInSA

CAPE TOWN - A Cape Town resident is lodging complainants with the police ombudsman against Woodstock police after he was unlawfully detained for filming alleged police brutality.
Eduard Grebe says he was filming two police officers assaulting a suspect in Observatory last week, when they turned on him.
Grebe's charge of riotous behaviour was later withdrawn, not before he apparently witnessed more brutality against detainees while in police custody.
He says the Western Cape Community Safety Department has recommended he get in touch with Vusi Pikoli’s office.

“I am submitting a complaint to the office of the ombudsman and they’ve assured me that it would be fully investigated. I should note that I am submitting three complaints. One for my own arrest, which I strongly believe was unlawful.”

Grebe says he’s also lodging a criminal case for the other assaults.

“I believe the officers used undue force in effecting this arrest, specifically by choking the person they were arresting in a way that I could hear prevented him from breathing. That was an instance of police brutality and it’s why I intervened.”


ALSO READ:

Video: Racist assault by black South African cops on innocent whites... Scary!!!

WATCH: Shocking footage of alleged police brutality in Fourways emerges (WARNING: Graphic images)

25/08/2015
A still from the video which depicts alleged police brutality. Photo: Youtube/Martin De Kock
A still from the video which depicts alleged police brutality. Photo: Youtube/Martin De Kock


LINK

#StopWhiteGenocideInSA